Dr. Lavi is a Senior Lecturer, and the Dean of Students at The Academic Center for Law and Science. For the past 15 years she has conducted research in Civil Procedure, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Online Dispute Resolution. She is the author of the book Alternative Dispute Resolution and Domestic Violence: Women, Divorce and Alternative Justice (Routledge, 2018). Dr. Lavi is also a lecturer in advanced degree programs and received the Outstanding Lecturer Prize for 2019.
Dr. Lavi was a co-editor of Sha'arei Mishpat, a peer-reviewed law journal (in Hebrew).
Dr. Lavi obtained both her Ph.D in law, magna cum laude, in 2003 and her LLB, cum laude, in 1997 from Bar-Ilan University in Israel. She clerked for Prof. Gross at Hodak & Co. Law Firm.
Areas of Research
Civil Procedure, Negotiation and Alternative Dispute Resolution, Online Dispute Resolution, Law & Society.
Civil Procedure; Negotiation- Theory and Practice; Online Dispute Resolution; Alternative Dispute Resolution; Law, Civil and Gender.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Domestic Violence: Women, divorce and Alternative Justice (Routledge, 2018).
- The Mediator- The Role and the Key for Successful Mediation (Bursi & The Academic Center of Law and Science, 2006).
- The Promise of (Transformative) Mediation: The Transformative Model in Divorce Cases Involving Violence 36 OHIO STATE JOURNAL ON DISPUTE RESOLUTION (2020) [forthcoming].
- Three is not a Crowd: Online Mediation-Arbitration in Business to Consumer Internet Disputes 37 UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA JOURNAL OF INTERNATIONAL LAW, 871-939 (2016).
- No More Click? Click in Here: e-Mediation in Divorce Disputes- the Reality and the desirable 16 CARDOZO JOURNAL OF CONFLICT RESOLUTION, 479- 541 (2015).
- 'Till Death Do Us Part?!': Online Mediation (e-Mediation) as an Answer to Divorce Cases Involving Violence 16 N0RTH CAROLINA JOURNAL OF LAW AND TECHNOLOGY, 253-310 (2015).
- Don't be Fooled by the Trappings: Towards a New Paradigm for Understanding Early Neutral Evaluation (ENE) and its Adoption by the Israeli Legal System LAW & BUSINESS 415-474 (2015).
- Divorce Involving Domestic Violence: Is Med-Arb Likely to be the Solution? 14 PEPPERDINE DISPUTE RESOLUTION LAW JOURNAL 101-161 (2014).
- Can the Leopard Change His Spots?!- Reflections on the 'Collaborative Law' Revolution and Collaborative Advocacy 13(1) CARDOZO JOURNAL OF CONFLICT RESOLUTION 61-112 (2011).
- Not Only Arbitration and Not Only Mediation - A Proposal to Adopt "Med-Arb" as a Response to the Weaknesses of the Institution of Arbitration in Israel 42(2) MISHPATIM (The Hebrew University Law Journal*) 589-662 (2012).
- Looking at the End from the Beginning: Early Neutral Evalution - Theoretical and Practical Aspects and a Critical Perspective 27(2) BAR-ILAN STUDIES (Bar-Ilan University LR*) 455-501 (2012).
- 'Fierce as a Tiger'- Collaborative Advocacy in Israel 15 LAW & BUSINESS 89-143(2012).
- Transformative Mediation- The Substantive and Procedural Aspect- A Proposal to Adopt A New-Old Model into the Current Discourse 5 SHA’AREY-MISHPAT 131-175 (2009).
- Violence and Mediation: An Oxymoron? 1 THE FAMILY IN LAW 117-161 (2007).
* Ranked as Israel’s top three law reviews.
Honors & Awards
The Outstanding Lecturer Prize for 2019.